Suggested Equipment and Clothing
- Walking boots with suitable soles eg Vibram
- Waterproofs – both jacket and trousers are essential (it rains here …)
- Walking socks; thin inner socks as well, if you are susceptible to blisters
- Thermal layer with a fleece/thicker warm layer over the top. Cotton t-shirts are not warm.
- Gloves or mittens plus a warm hat or balaclava
- Comfortable trousers, NOT jeans. You want trousers which will still be warm even if wet.
- Map, compass (know how to use them) and whistle
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Spare dry clothing appropriate for the season
- Small first-aid kit
- Survival bag for use in an emergency
- Food and water, plus some extra emergency rations (see below)
- Rucksack big enough to carry your gear
- Walking poles
- Ice axe and crampons (also know how to use them)
- Warmer spare clothing
- Flask with hot drink (tea, coffee, soup)
- Midge repellent
- Suntan lotion
- Extra water
Food & Water
Info on Water off the hill; nutritional food info
Coming Soon, from our club nutritionist!